Itahari/ On November 24, 2018, tourism entrepreneurs of Biratnagar launched first mountain flight from Biratnagar airport. Chief Minister of Province 1 Sherdhan Rai and his cabinet members were aboard in this inaugural mountain flight of province 1.
Tourism entrepreneur Bhabish Shrestha, also the chairperson of travel agency named Birat Holidays, led this pioneer campaign.
Previously, mountain flight was possible only in Kathmandu and Pokhara. These days, mountain flight is at doorstep of East Nepal. It is made from Biratnagar airport on every Saturday.
Yeti Airlines's jet streamer makes weekly flight above 22,000 feet carrying 19 plus passengers with individual window seat to peep magical Himalayas of northern Nepal.
Here are 5 things to know about this mouth-watering mountain flight from East Nepal's biggest airport of Biratnagar.
- This is second regular mountain flight outside Kathmandu and third mountain flight venue in Nepal. Except Kathmandu, Pokhara has been making mountain flight commercially since long.
- Based on flight, it is second in East Nepal. And on regular basis, it is first commercial flight from Biratnagar.
Birat Expo which was held from February 22-28, 2017 also made a mountain flight from Biratnagar. But, the expo couldn't make second flight owing to technical reasons. However, Birat Holidays, is making regular mountain flight on every Saturday since November 24.
- Other than Mt. Everest, this mountain flight gives crystal clear views of Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Kumbhakarna, something impossible in other mountain flight packages from Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Mountain flight from Biratnagar is nearest mountain flight destination in Nepal from international border with India. It is just within 14.3 kilometers vehicular drive with open Indian border point of Jogbani, India.
- Biratnagar's mountain flight is cheapest world-class mountain flight in Nepal. For foreigners, it costs from 190 to 220 US $ from Kathmandu and Pokhara. However, it is available just in 140 US$ from Biratnagar.
For Nepalese and Indian, it is just 9900 Nepalese rupees, the cheapest fares in Nepal.